‘Results Matter’: Three Point Strategies delivers for clients during 2016 Legislative Session
At the conclusion of the 2016 Regular Session of the West Virginia Legislature one thing was clear – the clients of Three Point Strategies saw success. In a session full of tough issues and debates Three Point Strategies was able to elevate its clients’ needs above the fray, which resulted in successful outcomes.
“Results matter,” said Ben Beakes, managing member of Three Point Strategies, LLC. “In challenging and uncertain times it is important not only to represent my clients, but deliver results. Our approach to government relations proved to be a winning strategy this session.”
A few of the successful outcomes from the session include:
- Achieved a tax relief package for a client, despite a challenging budget year. (S.B. 419)
- Negotiated significant industry regulatory reforms, which will improve efficiencies for the client and regulatory agency. (H.B. 4726)
- Established regulatory clarity and certainty for an industry that is critical to thousands of West Virginians. (H.B. 4739 and S.B. 599)
- Moved the needle with stiffer penalties and protections relating to animal fighting. (H.B. 4201)
- Stopped legislation that would have harmed over $2 billion of past private investment in the state and jeopardized future investment.
- Provided for more flexibility for local school districts to deliver quality education. (H.B. 4171)
The ‘three point strategy’ was the difference-maker for the above results and more. “We pride ourselves on developing a plan for our clients that incorporates the three critical components of government relations: relational lobbying, public relations, and grassroots or coalition building,” Beakes said. “Three Point Strategies isn’t just our name – it’s what we do.”
Three Point Strategies represents a diverse group of clients representing several industries: coal, natural gas, telecommunications, education, technology and innovation, animal welfare, business, and insurance among others. Current clients include: Alpha Natural Resources, AT&T, Coalition for Sound Unclaimed Property Law, Columbia Pipeline Group, K12 Inc., Humane Society of the United States, Goldfish Resources, West Virginia Professional Educators, and the West Virginia Regional Technology Park.
“I am humbled that our clients entrusted Three Point Strategies for their government affairs and public relations needs,” Beakes said. “Since launching my company in September, 2015 we have been on an incredible growth pattern. We look forward to continuing that growth – not only in the number of clients we represent, but also in the quality of our services and results we deliver.
In tough times we need professionals that deliver results with integrity. For advocacy, strategy, and representation there are none better than Three Point Strategies. – Brian Turk, Senior Director Government and External Affairs – Alpha Natural Resources
We work with several lobbyists around the country and there is no question that Beakes is top-of-the-class. He not only had the right plan, but committed himself as a tireless advocate on our behalf. – Leighann Lassiter, Animal Cruelty Policy Director – Humane Society of the United States
Beakes’s relationships enabled me to advocate to the right people. These conversations helped us achieve our desired outcomes. – Andy Feeney, Regional VP External Affairs WV – AT&T